Ok, so when I first drafted this post I called out the organization in question but then I felt guilty because of what they represent and do.. I also realized these practices are not exclusive to them… so here’s my rant to the anonymous entity….
Dear <fill in the blank>,
If you want people to jump on the money train you need to be better.
– when you call, leave a message. Not leaving one comes across as shady.. Especially when you call 5-6x per day. I don’t answer numbers I don’t recognize but eventually I had to answer because I was losing my shit
– I know there are pressures for reps to get contributions but allow for compromise.
– also allow someone to actually complete a sentence… you know that expression… ‘did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?’
Many moons ago my wife made monthly contributions to your organization.
My wife, and only she and God know the answer, used my personal information but her email address..so I did not know about this until now because she stopped contributing a few years back.
– I was willing to conference my wife in on the call so we could get this sorted out. No.
– I was willing to have my wife call back to change up the personal information. No.
The answer to everything was ‘we’re not allowed to.’
Mom’s phone code of conduct’ for 13-year-old son’s new iPhone goes viral | Shine On – Shine from Yahoo! Canada
We too are blessed with well raised and intelligent, responsible children 🙂 … and our son, now 14, has a phone.. a blackberry bold 9900 and he’s quite responsible but i must say this “phone of conduct” is just a great idea!!