Decided to take some time off writing during the holiday break. Been off work for two weeks and just chilled and ate and ate and ate. I start work tomorrow so I’ll be getting back to my old routine. Oh and even though I haven’t posted I do continue to have my coffee 😁.
The holiday season is basically over and it really hasn’t been a hot topic of conversation since the early part of the xmas period but I want to throw in my 2 cents on the ‘Baby it’s Cold Outside’ lyric controversy.
My post will be short and sweet. Depending on your thoughts on it, it might not be sweet for you. Per the so called experts, when you read the ‘Baby it’s Cold Outside’ lyrics through today’s lenses they are deemed inappropriate. That’s right. Different time. Different lenses. I am not going to write that I did significant research but I wonder if these folks that have issues with these lyrics take the time to listen to today’s musical artists, regardless of their genre to see how many songs contain inappropriate, sexist and mysogenistic lyrics. Like selective memory maybe these folks use selective lenses? Anyway, I could have taken the time to list a few here but no need to. Google it. Works like a charm 😁👍.
Nevermind that the other reindeer never let him join in any reindeer games. Rudolph has bigger problems.
I love the holiday season because it’s a time for getting together with family and friends. Our world has become increasingly busy and so times like these are important. There is also another reason I love the holiday season. The classics like ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’, ‘Frosty the Snowman’, ‘The Grinch’ and of course ‘Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer’ to name a few. I continue to make it a point to watch these classics even now at the ripe old age of 49. These specials bring back tons of great memories. But God forbid now you try to enjoy something for what it is or what it was. Nope. Can’t do that nowadays. Seems Rudolph is promoting bullying and bigotry.
Rudolph Actor Says Critics of Bullying Plot Miss the Point: ‘It’s More Relevant Now Than Ever’
My God man, this world has become so ridiculous and overly sensitive. It’s all about getting to your safe place when things don’t go your way. Jesus Christ. This nonsense has me swearing on a post about the holiday season!! Everything is a problem with todays generation. Now they want to rewrite Rudolphs history. I say no…
“Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
You’ll go down in history!”
Can’t something just be what it is? There are far worse things in this world that need immediate attention.
Anyway, I took the following from a friends FB post..
let’s just go all the way and ban these songs also!
Merry Christmas !
We should banish the following:
1. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus: subjecting minors to softcore porn
2. The Christmas Song: Open fire? Pollution. Folks dressed up like Eskimos? Cultural appropriation
3. Holly Jolly Christmas: Kiss her once for me? Unwanted advances
4. White Christmas? Racist
5. Santa Claus is Coming to Town: Sees you when you’re sleeping? Knows when you’re awake? Peeping Tom stalker
6. Most Wonderful Time of the Year: Everyone telling you be of good cheer? Forced to hide depression
7. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: Bullying
8. It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas: Forced gender-specific gifts: dolls for Janice and Jen and boots and pistols (GUNS!) for Barney and Ben
9. Santa Baby: Gold digger, blackmail
10. Frosty the Snowman: Sexist; not a snow woman
11. Do You Hear What I Hear: blatant disregard for the hearing impaired
12. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas: Make the yuletide GAY? Wow, just wow
13. Jingle Bell Rock: Giddy up jingle horse, pick up your feet: animal abuse
14. Mistletoe and Holly: Overeating, folks stealing a kiss or two? How did this song ever see the light of day?
15. Winter Wonderland: Parson Brown demanding they get married…forced partnership. Forcing religious beliefs.
16. Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer: Woman attacked & Grandpa gambling.
Every year my buddies (from highschool) and I make it a point to get together with our better half for our traditional xmas dinner. We try to make it a point to see each other as much as possible but at a minimum it happens during the holiday period. We’re normally four couples but this year we added two more to the fold. It was so great to see both Domenic and Vince and as always to catch up on old times. It’s incredible how time flies but at the same time it’s amazing and funny how our stories never get old!!! To good, true friends!!!
I want to start off by writing that I am always grateful for all the gifts I receive. No matter what. I am that guy that believes that it’s the thought that counts.. Having written that I thought it would be funny to write about the fact that for many years now.. many years (I have actually lost count) I receive pyjama bottoms from my mother-in-law. Every. Single. Christmas. In the early years of this happening I always thought and expected that I would get the top, say, at my birthday. That never happened ;). Of course over the years it’s become an inside joke. I have never asked my mother-in-law what the deal is.. I also wonder where, like where does one buy just half a pyjama? I guess Walmart??? Truth be told i’ve also wondered why just half a pyjama. Am I not worth the whole pyjama? Lol. Anyway maybe one christmas she will surprise me and get me only the top or shock me altogether and get me a whole pyjama. Or imagine a onesie!! Lol.
Ps: that’s not me in the photo.